A good chuckle can be a game-changer in the classroom. When boredom strikes or morale seems low, laughter is the best medicine. Need some kid-friendly humor to boost the mood? We’ve got you covered! Here’s a list of cheesy teacher jokes you can share with your students!
Our Favorite Teacher Jokes
1. You can never go wrong with alphabet puns.
2. A little playground humor!
3. I’m not sure any teacher has a favorite snake, but …
4. This is for those who like to fly under the radar.
5. Money jokes just make cents.
6. All math teachers have problems!
7. A little Bach humor.
8. Is there such thing as a sad math joke? Yes!
9. A nod to geography.
10. A cool teacher joke!
11. A piano tune-up indeed.
12. Do old math teachers ever die?
13. Never call homework a piece of cake.
14. Spelling jokes? The best!
15. A little upper-grade ELA humor.
16. Love a good cheesy grammar joke.
17. Just spit it out already.
18. Fashion and math humor all in one.
19. Organic chemistry jokes? Yes, please.
20. Measurements? Monarchs? Same difference!
21. Sometimes you need all the help you can get.
22. But don’t over-explain it.
23. As long as it’s not state testing!
24. At least it is not math problems!
25. Time is not always your friend.
26. Math can be strange.
27. We all get emotional sometimes.
28. A good attitude always helps.
29. It’s cheesy jokes o’clock.
30. See you later, alligator!
31. You gotta catch ’em first!
32. Talk about dark times.
33. It’s all about location.
34. That’s one way to create a division.
35. This is way too literal.
36. At least they’re honest!
37. What a coincidence!
38. Sounds like the perfect destination.
39. It’s right there in the name.
40. It’s been around a long time.
41. Nutrition is important.
42. Come to your senses.
43. They know how to help things grow.
44. Maybe we all need a day off.
45. Gotta keep your energy up.
46. A direct approach is often best.
47. What a know-it-all!
48. It’s all about self-worth.
49. Food for thought.
50. What do you call a teacher who never frowns?
A good ruler.
51. Why don’t scientists trust atoms?
Because they make up everything.
52. What do you call an English teacher with a social media addiction?
53. How is an English teacher like a judge?
They both give out sentences.
54. Why did the students like vegetables so much?
Because they were kinder-gardeners.
55. What is a pirate’s favorite subject?
56. Why was the geometry book so adorable?
Because it had acute angles.
57. What does a math teacher climb for fun?
58. Why did the librarian get kicked off the plane?
Because it was overbooked.
59. What kind of doctor is Dr. Pepper?
60. What do you call a group of friends who love math?
61. What is a snake’s favorite subject in school?
62. What’s the difference between a cat and a comma?
One has claws at the end of its paws. The other is a pause at the end of a clause.
63. Why was the fraction skeptical about marrying the decimal?
Because he would have to convert.
64. What’s your favorite element?
Helium. I can’t speak highly enough about it!
65. If I had 8 oranges in one hand and 10 apples in the other hand, what would I have?
66. Why didn’t the skeleton go to the school dance?
Because he had no body to go with.
67. Last night my classroom was broken into and all the dictionaries were stolen.
I’m at a loss for words.
68. Past, Present, and Future entered a shop together.
It was all quite tense.
69. My sister is reading a book on anti-gravity.
She can’t put it down.
70. Which king loved fractions?
Henry the ⅛.
71. Why did the scarecrow win a Nobel Prize?
For being out standing in his field.
72. Why did Pi get its driver’s license revoked?
Because it didn’t know when to stop.
73. What’s the best thing about Switzerland?
I don’t know, but the flag is a big plus!
74. What are double negatives?
A big no-no.
75. How do bees get to school?
They ride the school buzz.
76. Why did the student get upset when her teacher called her average?
It was a “mean” thing to say.
77. What always sits in the corner but can travel all around the world?
78. Why does algebra make you a better dancer?
Because you can use the algo-rhythm!
79. What is smarter than a talking dog?
A spelling bee!
80. Never date an apostrophe.
They’re too possessive.
81. Why is the corner always the hottest part of the room?
Because it’s 90 degrees.
82. Where are all the top mathematicians buried?
In the symmetry.
83. Why did the teacher put the lights on?
Because it was time for a “bright” idea.
84. What do you call a ruler, a protractor, and a compass all hanging out together?
Weapons of math instruction.
85. Why do geographers find mountains so funny?
Because they’re hill areas.
86. So you want some puns about rocks?
Give me a minute, and I’ll dig some up.
87. Why don’t mathematicians sunbathe?
Because they can use sin and cos to get a tan.
88. Why was the computer cold?
It left its Windows open.
89. What’s a math teacher’s favorite place in New York?
90. Which dinosaur has the best vocabulary?
91. What do you call it when a biologist takes a photo of himself?
92. I can’t think of any more puns, but I’m sure my mum will know a few.
93. What did one pencil say to the other pencil?
“You’re looking sharp!”
94. Where did Nicholas Romanov II get his coffee?
95. What’s the longest word in the dictionary?
Smiles—there’s a mile between the first and last letter.
96. My friend knows how to read maps better than anyone.
He’s a legend.
97. What’s a math teacher’s favorite season?